Thursday, December 31, 2009

Seed Viability Testing

So I pulled the seeds (wrapped in a damp paper towel and placed in a ziploc bag) that I had saved from last seasons veggie crop out of the wine cooler, after two weeks, to see how many of the seeds had sprouted. Good news! Every one of my 8 pumpkin seeds sprouted and 6 of my 8 pea seeds sprouted. I am very happy with the results. I cannot wait to save even more seeds from my garden this coming season. I plan on saving seeds from peppers, peas, beans, cucumbers, crookneck squash, waltham butternut squash, zucchini, eggplant, watermelons, muskemelons, and pumpkins. I never realized how easy saving seeds is until I tried it out. If you have never saved seeds to use the following season then give it a try this year. Just follow the simple steps found on my article at: http://getready2garden.com/page6.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment